During the Beta Symposium on 11 April the Beta PhD Award 2019 was awarded to dr. Loe Schlicher. The Beta PhD Award 2019 is awarded to the PhD who defended the best PhD thesis of Beta during 2017 and 2018. Selection criteria for the best Beta PhD thesis are:
- Scientific quality
- (Scientific) originality
- Quality of presentation
- Scientific relevance
- Societal relevance
The winner received a certificate, a Beta PhD Award plaque and a cash prize of € 500,–.
Loe Schlicher received the award for his PhD thesis Cooperative Resource Pooling Games with applications to the railway sector.
Other nominees for this award were:
- Wouter van Heeswijk – Consolidation and Coordination in Urban Freight Transport.
- Gréanne Leeftink – Why wait? Organizing integrated processes in cancer care.
- Britt Mathijsen – Asymptotic dimensioning of stochastic service systems.
- Arturo Pérez Rivera – Anticipatory Freight Scheduling in Synchromodal Transport.
- Madis Talmar – Designing organizations for innovation in transitioning domains.